Blush For Every Complexion
Good blush will enhance your natural beauty and bad blush will make you look ridiculous. Unless you have naturally rosy cheeks finding that perfect color can be a challenge. Choose a shade that is to light and you will look washed out and to dark or bright and you will look clownish. The art to good blush is the right color and the right application for your face shape. Last time we talked about application, today is all about the wonderful world of color.
Fair skinned ladies, with the cute little freckles and porcelain skin this means you. For your skin remember, lighter is better. To highlight your cheeks you want to pick something that’s a light pale pink or a peach color.
- Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Cream Blush in Pink
- Everyday Minerals Blush in Girl Friday
- Nars Blush in Orgasm
- Maybelline New York Dream Bouncy Blush in Rose Petal
If you have a medium skin tone which is most of us, 80% if you want to know. The best blushes for medium skin toned ladies are rosey pink or plum and deep peaches. To highlight your cheeks use is a light gold to a warm gold depending your exact complexion.
- Dolce & Gabbana the Blush Luminous Cheek Colour in Apricot
- Nars The Multiple in South Beach
- L'Oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Blush in Spiced Plum
- NYX Stick Blush in Water Lily
- Tarte Cheek Stain in Blushing Bride
- Smashbox Blush Rush in Radiance
Now olive skin is tricky, so tricky most articles you find will ignore it all together. The greenish paler of an olive undertone can be very hard to match depending on your complexion. Try warm tones, warm peach, rose or bronze to make olive skin glow.
- Benefit Powder in Dallas
- Shiseido Makeup Luminizing Satin Face Color in RD 401
- Clinique Cheek Pop in Berry Pop
- Josie Maran Cream Blush in Sunset
- La Prairie Cellular Radiance Cream Blush in Peach Glow
- Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Allure
Blush for Dark Skin
Dark skin is another tough one. So many shades fall into this category, everyone from Halle Berry to Lupita Nyong'o, now that is a big range. If you are a beautiful dark darling, then choose colors from deep rose or raisin to deep oranges, like I said it is a big range. To highlight use a golden color.
- Maybelline Master Glaze by Face Studio Glisten Blush Stick in Make a Mauve
- Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Blush in #1
- Make Up For Ever Powder Blush in Fuchsia #26
- NYX Cosmetics Powder Blush in Mocha